- Stricter punishments for speeding offences in Engl...
24th April 2017
- Meet Police Scotland’s motorcycle safety camera
12th April 2017
Have you heard of Police Scotlands latest safety camera? It's a motorcycle!
- Norwegian motorcyclist tells her story after a cra...
7th April 2017
Remember the Norwegian girl who got hit by a Tesla? Great interview with her, video on FEMA site here Read more...
3rd April 2017
This is brilliant. Shame our telephone number has changed - 0116 2795112 but the url is still the same!
- BMF events: what's coming up in 2017?
29th March 2017
What are your riding plans for 2017? Find out more about our events taking place this summer or try something new and go international with the FIM
- Blood Bikes – biking in memory of a brother
27th March 2017
Colette Falloon hadn’t ridden a bike in 15 years… but she is determined to become a Blood Biker in memory of her brother, Marcel
- Tell a friend – free opportunities to try motorc...
24th March 2017
Do you know someone who'd like to try motorcycling? The Motorcycle Industry Association GB's GetOn offers free try-out sessions for new riders
- Michelin Power Days for 2017 announced
22nd March 2017
Take part in a track days with Terry Rymer at five UK circuits this summer
- MotoGP is going electric
20th March 2017
New electric MotoGP race series to begin in 2019
- Bike insurance prices rise again
17th March 2017
Law changes mean insurance prices are set to rise again
- First motorcycle bought using Plug-In grant
15th March 2017
Are you considering purchasing an electric bike? The government will subsidise the cost by 20% or £1,500.
- Arrive Alive Appeal: Home
15th March 2017
While we hope that you are not the one that needs emergency assistance, it goes without saying that motorcyclists are often the ones that need a rapid response team. That these ...
The BMF Foundation is a charity designed to fund research and sponsor work to improve the life of the everyday motorcyclist. Set up in June 2003 (registered charity No 1097835), The bmf Foundation’s aims and objectives are to:
- The advancement of education (including the promotion of research and the dissemination of results) into road safety
- Design, development and maintenance of roads
- Motorcycle design safety
- Design of protective clothing
- Causes and prevention of road accidents involving motorcyclists
- Treatment of injuries typically suffered by those involved in such accidents
- Reduction of crime involving motorcycles, (especially motorcycle theft)
- Protection of the environment
- The sociological aspects of motorcycle use and transportation generally.
These will be addressed mainly by making grants to other organisations to carry out the research but it wouldn’t exclude the BMF from carrying out such research through the sponsorship of research projects carried out in academic institutions. A recent example, the BMF was requested by a government organisation to support the production of guidelines for road designers.
CHARITABLE WORK IN ACTION
The BMF and its regions have a long association with charitable fund raising from pet food runs to a larger ‘Make A Wish’ for the Great Northern Bike Run or with working with Mencap on the National Rally. The BMF also supports Spinal Research with the Spine Ride to BMF events.
The BMF Foundation has a board of unpaid members (the Trustees) and is totally independent from the BMF.
The Foundation could fund work into public road safety and safe practices for all road users including motorcyclists, passengers and pedestrians. MAKING A DIFFERENCE Fund raising is key to the success of any charity and of course we need your help to organise and be part of collections at motorcycling events, sponsored rides or specifically designed fund raising events. If you have any ideas we would love to hear from you.