- 10 top tips to take the perfect motorcycle photo
28th May 2017
Use our top tips to take some great photos with your machine
- Are you a tortoise or a hare?
26th May 2017
Wells Classic Motorcycle Club asks: on June 4, will you be a tortoise of a hare?
- ID required for sailings
24th May 2017
For all those heading out to The Island..... Read more...
- 21st century classic motorcycles
22nd May 2017
Does your bike have the potential to become a collector's classic?
- Timeline Photos
18th May 2017
If you are a club and are sending delegates to either an ARM or the NOMC Forum, please remember to get a delegates form from the BMF Office (email@example.com) fill it in and...
- BMF Annual Regional Meetings 2017
11th May 2017
Don't forget upcoming BMF Annual Regional Meetings happening in your area. Dates have now been confirmed for Region 5 (London), Region 6 (South) and Region 2 (North East).
9th May 2017
- What to take with you on your motorcycle tour
4th May 2017
Planning to tour with your motorcycle this summer? Take a look at our touring checklist to make sure you have everything you need
- Welsh roads safer for bikers
2nd May 2017
Statistics show Welsh roads are the safest they have been for motorcyclists in five years
- BMF Technical Notice: Tyre Safety
1st May 2017
Success! A collaboration between BMF, Avon Tyres and an affiliated club has highlighted and resolved a tyre safety issue. If you're using Avon Tyres Road Rider range, be sure ...
- Is this the world’s fastest electric bike?
30th April 2017
Meet the 300mph electric bike - with sidecar
- Timeline Photos
28th April 2017
Calling all affiliated clubs! We want to hear about your upcoming events. Let us know the when, where and what you will be doing, plus how to find out more information. We’l...
- General Election 2017 – something to consider
25th April 2017
Anna Zee reveals her thoughts about the future of motorcycling and the General Election
- Stricter punishments for speeding offences in Engl...
24th April 2017
- Meet Police Scotland’s motorcycle safety camera
12th April 2017
Have you heard of Police Scotlands latest safety camera? It's a motorcycle!
- Norwegian motorcyclist tells her story after a cra...
7th April 2017
Remember the Norwegian girl who got hit by a Tesla? Great interview with her, video on FEMA site here Read more...
What to take with you on your motorcycle tour
From remembering your passport to your shampoo, here are just some of the things you should be taking with you when you tour on your motorcycle.
For many more motorcycling touring tips or inspiring journey stories, see our advice page.
How to pack your motorcycle
That might seem like a lot of items to take on your motorcycling trip. Feel free to add more or less as your needs require but, don't let the quantity put you off taking everything with you. Below are our top tips to get the most in your bike's bags.
1. Pack your heaviest items (eg. shoes, books and toiletries) along the spine of the suitcase and bulkier stuff at the bottom.
2. Put folded socks, underwear and rolled up belts in your shoes.
3. Protect your clothes from dirt by putting your shoes in individual protective bags.
4. Avoid leaking: Having decanted your shampoos and other potions into small plastic bottles, wrap them in plastic bags.
5. Fold your clothes tightly to fit them into smaller spaces. Scrunched clothes take up more room than ironed ones!
6. Place your shirts and peak at the top of the case to avoid crushing.
7. Place breakables in bubble wrap and pack between soft items.
8. Packing mantra: bulky bottom, smooth top.
We all hope not to lose our luggage, but it’s best to be careful and keep important items and documents close to hand. Avoid packing anything essential in your main suitcase. Particularly:
Important documents (eg. passport and tickets)
Child's favourite toy
Use these tips to make your touring experience more enjoyable. If you have any other tips you'd like to share, or think we have missed something, let us know on our Facebook page.
For many more motorcycling touring tips, see our advice page.
Checklist, author AJCann. Available here under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic licence.
Toothpaste, author Thegreenj. Resized. Available here under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported licence.
Adhesive bandage, author Nevit Dilmen. Resized and transparency removed. Available here under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported licence.
Packing suitcase, author highwaysagency. Resized. Available here under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic licence.