- Stricter punishments for speeding offences in Engl...
24th April 2017
- Meet Police Scotland’s motorcycle safety camera
12th April 2017
Have you heard of Police Scotlands latest safety camera? It's a motorcycle!
- Norwegian motorcyclist tells her story after a cra...
7th April 2017
Remember the Norwegian girl who got hit by a Tesla? Great interview with her, video on FEMA site here Read more...
3rd April 2017
This is brilliant. Shame our telephone number has changed - 0116 2795112 but the url is still the same!
- BMF events: what's coming up in 2017?
29th March 2017
What are your riding plans for 2017? Find out more about our events taking place this summer or try something new and go international with the FIM
- Blood Bikes – biking in memory of a brother
27th March 2017
Colette Falloon hadn’t ridden a bike in 15 years… but she is determined to become a Blood Biker in memory of her brother, Marcel
- Tell a friend – free opportunities to try motorc...
24th March 2017
Do you know someone who'd like to try motorcycling? The Motorcycle Industry Association GB's GetOn offers free try-out sessions for new riders
- Michelin Power Days for 2017 announced
22nd March 2017
Take part in a track days with Terry Rymer at five UK circuits this summer
- MotoGP is going electric
20th March 2017
New electric MotoGP race series to begin in 2019
- Bike insurance prices rise again
17th March 2017
Law changes mean insurance prices are set to rise again
- First motorcycle bought using Plug-In grant
15th March 2017
Are you considering purchasing an electric bike? The government will subsidise the cost by 20% or £1,500.
- Arrive Alive Appeal: Home
15th March 2017
While we hope that you are not the one that needs emergency assistance, it goes without saying that motorcyclists are often the ones that need a rapid response team. That these ...
Affiliated Clubs & Members
BMF membership is broken into two areas: individual members and club members.
Groups and Clubs
Clubs are then broken into two areas: local clubs and then national (and one make) clubs. Using the tabs to the left, you can search for local or national and one make clubs.
Affiliated clubs benefit from a special public liability insurance package, and their members enjoy many of the advantages offered to individual BMF members.
Affiliated Club Benefits:
• Affiliated Club Civil Liability Protection: BMF affiliation to the Sport and Recreation Alliance means our Affiliated Clubs automatically participate in their unique Civil Liability protection scheme. Details of which may be found in our information sheet “Civil Liability Protection“. Since 2010 we also have included Employers Liability Cover and further details of this can be found in the same information sheet.
Equipment and spares cover is also available at excellent rates. Details of this can be obtained from Perkins Slade on telephone number 0121 698 8160.
• National and One-Make Forum: National and One Make (NOM) Clubs can send representatives to these meetings, that take place at regular intervals through out the year, and can, through this forum raise concerns which they have at both national and local levels and obtain assistance from other Clubs / BMF in dealing with them.
• Regional Meetings: Local Clubs send representatives to these meetings and can, through these forums raise concerns which they have and obtain assistance from other Clubs / BMF in dealing with them.
• Club Ground Space at BMF Shows: Exhibitor space is available to all affiliated clubs at our events. Here clubs can encourage new members and enjoy the fun and camaraderie of a national event. This includes a number of exhibitor passes, allowing club members to attend and man their stand. Details can be found on the events pages of the BMF web site www.bmf.co.uk
• Motorcycle Rider: Clubs, as part of their affiliation receive, dependent on size, a set number of subscriptions to the BMF magazine Motorcycle Rider. These are mailed to members nominated by the Club.
Regular Information and Press Releases: BMF Press Releases are available on email.
Many people are affiliated BMF members through their club, but only individual members receive Motorcycle Rider magazine. Why not become a full member, receive the quarterly magazine and, in so doing, help support riders' rights by funding the British Motorcyclists Federation.
As a member you will be part of an organisation with over 80,000 members made up of individual members and affiliated clubs making the BMF a powerful voice in campaigning to safeguard the rights of motorcyclists. In addition a range of member benefits can quickly repay your membership fee - benefits such as preferred insurance rates, hotel and ferry discounts, touring advice and even our own Visa credit card to help you pay for it!
Member's receive the BMF's bi-monthly magazine 'Motorcycle Rider' with the latest road tests, interesting articles and campaign news.
Individual Member Benefits
In a new partnership deal with Bikesure, a new insurance product has been created which has the interests of BMF members at heart in giving specially negotiated discounts whilst being flexible enough to cover all types of bikes and most circumstances. The new product is ‘BMF Insurance’ and will be managed fully by the Bikesure staff at their Adrian Flux offices. The deal includes BMF membership and up to 25% discount. Benefits on most Bikesure policies include:
- Multibike discounts
- Optional breakdown cover
- Optional personal injury cover
- Free £100,000 legal cover
- Optional helmet and leathers cover up to £1,000
- Limited mileage discounts
- Discounts for experienced riders and security precautions
As well as paying the BMF a generous commission for each new policy taken out and each policy renewed, Bikesure will donate £1,000 to a charity of the Federation’s choice once 100 members have taken out new policies via the dedicated phone number into the broker’s UK-based call centre.
CALL 0800 587 2955 TO SAVE!
TOURING AND TRAVEL
Reach central Europe fast and comfortably with Bikeshuttle. We transport your bike overnight from Northants to Geneva while you fly, thus eliminating a boring 1500-mile round trip on French motorways and enabling you to enjoy more time on decent biking roads. For group bookings of 10 bikes or more, we’ll deduct 10% off the fare. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit 01327 831552.
Perkins Slade – Euro Plus
A combined travel and breakdown insurance, which covers Continental Europe and extends to the Azores, Balearics, Egypt, Morocco, Russia, Tunisia and Turkey*, including the UK part of your journey.
*Please note that breakdown cover is limited to Continental Europe only and excludes these countries. Single trip or annual cover available. Apply for cover from our brokers Perkins Slade on 0121 698 8160 . Please apply at least five working days before travel.
Weekend leisure breaks
Enjoy 25% off over 400 participating Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn and Express by Holiday Inn hotels across the UK, Europe and the Middle East. To book from the UK, call 0870 400 8135 and quote ‘exclusive rate’. To book from the Republic of Ireland, call 1 800 55 31 55. Terms and conditions apply and will be advised at the time of booking.
Bike-Astur Motorcycle Tours
Choose from Bring Your Own Bike tours (Brittany Ferries Plymouth-Santander) or our Fly-Ride tours (Stansted-Santander). Explore the Picos de Europa with resident English guides. BMF members qualify for 5% individual discounts on Fly-Ride tours for groups up to five persons. If six people book, everyone gets a 10% discount. www.bike-astur.com or email email@example.com
Scotlandbybike would like to offer all BMF members that hire a bike a 12% discount. We offer a 10% discount on tours and the same again on Advanced Training. Please visit our comprehensive website www.scotlandbybike.com
Moto-Abruzzo is pleased to offer BMF members a 10% discount on biker B&B or touring/training in the beautiful Abruzzo region of Italy. Please contact Karl and Janet Bianchini: call 0039 085 841 673 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Whether you’re into touring or just enjoy a blast on a track day, we’ve got you covered at Cotswold Outdoor; from GPS to technical base layers keeping you dry and comfortable in your leathers. Cotswold Outdoor Stores now offers all BMF members 10% discount. (T&Cs apply).
Switzerland, Italy, Morocco and Brittany. We offer tours from April to October. Discounted rates are available on request. Fabulous roads, great scenery and good company. Come and join us for some quality time in quality places. Telephone 01253 893575 or 07783 287851, email email@example.com or visit www.motoursonline.com
Billy Nutt MBE and his Ireland-based tour company specialise in tours of Scotland and Ireland – including ferry crossings between the two. Seventeen routes are on offer, covering a total of 1,395 miles over Scotland and Ireland, allowing the individual rider to choose the ideal length, difficulty and scenery for them. www.nutttravel.com
The Best Rides Motorcycle Atlas - it’s about the journey! Find great rides and routes with the help of this waterproof and tear-proof atlas, which highlights more than 300 of the best rides in the UK. As a special offer for BMF members, Mapsman will donate £3 to the BMF fighting fund for every atlas bought by BMF members, and furthermore BMF members will receive free postage and packing worth £1.94. For more information, please visit www.mapsman.com or call us on 0800 2300 265.
BMF Rider Training
No matter what machine you ride, from moped to superbike, the BMF has a suitable course for everyone: CBT, Pre-test, Direct Access, Rider Plus refresher course and Blue Riband Advanced Rider. To find out more, please contact our Membership Department on 0116 2795 112.
RAC Motoring Services
In partnership with RAC, a special offer of 50% off RAC Breakdown Cover from £28.75 is available to members. To save 50% this year and 25% every year you renew, please contact our Membership Department on 0116 2795 112 for further details.
The BMF represents the best interests of UK motorcyclists whatever they ride. We lobby government and work with government departments and local authorities in order to get the best deal for motorcyclists. We also have a Regional network of volunteers across the UK all working on your behalf. To get involved in any aspect of the BMF’s political work, contact your Regional Chairman or call the BMF campaign office on 0116 279 5112.