BMF Bears and Bikes 2020 details announced
The British Motorcyclists Federation’s 60th anniversary Bears and Bikes event will be at Traquair House in Scotland on May 14-17 2020, and we can confirm that the bands, traders and clubs in the lists below will be there too. More are yet to be announced, so keep an eye on the dedicated Bears and Bikes Facebook page here for more announcements as they happen!
There will be live music on Friday and Saturday on the Walled Garden Stage from the following acts:
The UK's premier tribute band to the music of Magnum, Storyteller's Night are a highly professional outfit covering Magnum's much-loved ‘70s and ‘80s period.
Twisted System are a top-class and authentic tribute to the career of the mighty Twisted Sister. They were set up by lifelong Twisted Sister fans who want to bring back the raw, high-energy live performances that the band were renowned for and entertain the rowdy headbangers of the UK once more.
Galashiels Ex-Service Pipe Band
The Galashiels Ex-Service Pipe Band will be playing on Saturday at 1pm.
The Spirit Levellers
Formed in 2005 by frontman and guitarist Mal Kitchen, the Spirit Levellers have added a few more members over the years and continue to bring the songs and energy of The Levellers to delighted audiences across the UK.
This band have headlined the BMF event at Kelso in 2014, played the Peterborough Arena for the BMF a few times, and now they will be playing at Bears and Bikes 2020 on the Friday night too. They will bring the party to you, and this band knows how to party!
These guys are one of the best rally party bands around. Exhibit A have played The Farmyard to Rock and Blues, and will be partying with you on the Saturday night.
- A Slice of Sweetness (link)
- Gigography (link)
- Bazzar Pixie (website, Facebook)
- Foxy Hats n Crafts (link)
- The Craft Cavern (link)
- APT Engraving (link)
- Wyrd Tony Pagan Armour and Jewellery
- Clan Jewels
- Something Different Chilli (link)
- Rooks and Roses (website, Facebook)
- Lauman Media & Publishing (website, Facebook)
- The Huggi Tree (Facebook)
CLUBS AND DISPLAYS
- NABD (link)
- VRA (link)
- RBLS Riders (link)
- Evolution WMCC (website, Facebook)
- CMA hosting Holy Joe's Café (website, Facebook)
- Motorcycle Funerals Limited (website, Facebook)
- EDAM - Edinburgh and District Advanced Motorcyclists (website, Facebook)
- Blood Bikes Scotland (website, Facebook)
- Harley Davidson Riders Club of Great Britain (website, Facebook)
- Scottish Fire and Rescue Service Biker Down (Facebook)
- Armed Forces Bikers (AFB) (website, Facebook)
- Traquair Arms Hotel (website, Facebook, call Clare on 01896 830229)
- St Ronan's Hotel (website, Facebook, book direct for best rates and call Cath on 07769 632002)
- The Old Town Hall B&B (website, Facebook, call Pam on 01896 830277. Off road bike parking by prior arrangement)
- Crumbs Homebaking B&B (Facebook, call Barbara on 01896 833846)
- Woodknowe B&B (website, Facebook, for best rates book direct on 01896 831272)
- Caddon View Country Guest House (website, Facebook, look for ‘long stay’ discounts on the website or book direct with Lisa and Steve on 01896 830208)
- Cleikum Mill Lodge (website, Facebook, call Graham on 07790 592747) (Self-catering, accommodate groups up to 10/12)
LOCAL TAXI SERVICE
- Barc Taxis (Facebook, call Kerrie on 01721 721212)
Traquair is Scotland's oldest inhabited house and it dates back to 1107. It has been lived in by the Stuart family since 1491, and offers an unrivalled location for camping and facilities alike. Find out more here:
- The Garden Café (link)
- Traquair House (website, Facebook)
- Traquair brewery (link)
At the Bears and Bikes event, there will be:
- Bar with a fine selection of Traquair Ales
- Hog Roast
- Pizza Oven
- The Garden Cafe
- Campsite and shop
- Free entry to the house and grounds (Friday 15th and Saturday 16th only).
To book your tickets to Bears and Bikes at just £20 for BMF members and £25 for non-members, go to the Event listing here.
For more information and for ticket sales, email email@example.com or call 0116 279 5112.