Government endorses benefits of off-road training
MotoScotland has been recognised by the Department for Transport and DVSA for its off-road motorcycle training course. It is the only UK off-road motorbike training centre to be endorsed by council road safety departments and insurers.
Clive Rumbold, MotoScotland’s chief instructor, had previously noticed that advanced road riding courses failed to teach some skills taught in off-road courses that are applicable to riding on the road.
Some of the benefits for off-road training include:
- Riding safely on slippery surfaces (gravel, leaves, mud etc)
- Recovery of locked-up brakes or wheels
- Low-speed riding to avoid dropping your bike
- Improved confidence when riding on the road
- Off-road motorcycling improves fitness
Find out more at MotoScotland’s website motoscotland.com