The latest from the BMF Council
The BMF Council met in Leicester on Saturday April 7 2018, where the BMF's management team made their regular reports for the Council's discussion and approval.
Among the topics covered were:
- autonomous vehicles
- city centre access and emissions
- changes in MoT regulations
- the campaigns to improve motorcycle security and anti-theft measures
- the campaign to encourage younger riders to wear more protective clothing
- connected intelligent transport systems (C-ITS) and their impact on riders
The meeting was hosted by the well-known Fosse Riders and chaired by Jim Freeman, who thanked all concerned for their efforts as volunteers for the BMF.
What is the BMF Council?
The purpose of the BMF Council is to formulate the BMF's plan of action, monitor policy and progress, and discuss reports from the Management Team. It meets three times every year and consists of the BMF Management Team and councillors elected at Annual Regional Meetings and the National Clubs Forum.